Central vac plastic cone

Old 09-28-20, 12:40 PM
Z
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Central vac plastic cone

Sorry..having trouble inserting pics. Keeps freezing at 90% upload. Is there a maximum number of pics allowed over time?

went to empty our vacuflow 260 central vac after cleaning up some blow insulation. Thought I would find the collection bin full.

it was empty. And I recall the last time I checked it was pretty empty too. “We’re clean”...I thought.

this time I knew something was wrong as I had vacuumed quite a bit of insulation. When I stuck my hand up the unit, about a years worth of dirt, hair etc came down in a big heap. It was stuck all around the inside top of the unit. Anyway, problem apparently solved. But I can’t remember the way the plastic cone within the unit goes.

do you push the cone all the way up as far as you can, or does it just rest on the bottom lip? How much of the done should you see right before reinstalling the collection bin? 5%? Or 95%?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-20, 05:32 PM
D
Received 13 Votes on 13 Posts
I have a 460 and the cone does not extend past the body into the collection bin at all. It's close to even with the bottom of the main housing.

Old 09-28-20, 05:44 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,119 Votes on 1,039 Posts
Loading pictures has been made easier in the last month and there is no upload limit. You should try to limit your pictures to 1-2mb max. The board will resize them automatically. How-to-insert-pictures.

1. Unlatch and remove the dirt canister.
Latches are located on opposite sides of the power unit. (Fig. 1)
2. Remove the dirt canister. Hold or place the canister under the power unit to catch the debris removed from the guard screen. (Fig. 2)
3. Using a long handled brush, such as a clean toilet brush, insert the brush through the bottom of the dirt cone reaching to the guard screen. Gently sweep the screen to remove the debris. (Fig. 3)
4. Dispose of the dirt and debris captured in the dirt canister.
5. Raise the dirt canister to the proper location under the power unit and engage the latches. Be certain the dirt canister is seated properly to the gasket on the body of the power unit.

Old 09-28-20, 06:01 PM
Z
Thanks mine fell out and I wasn’t sure how far to push it up. It has 2 tabs on it, so not sure if I need to push it and rotate. Need to figure it out, since I think it may fall to the bottom of the main housing when I put the canister back on.

Old 09-28-20, 06:04 PM
Z
Thanks PJ. Yes, I had found those images, but my cone doesn’t seem to stay up firmly. It’s got tabs so I need to figure out it locks into place.

Old 09-28-20, 06:26 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,119 Votes on 1,039 Posts
Two tabs...... not three ?
It should lock in pretty tightly.