How to get a little facial hair trimmer to cut again

Old 01-12-21, 07:14 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How to get a little facial hair trimmer to cut again

I took off the top and used a wire brush to clean the surfaces and added some oil but it won't work if tightened down completely so I gotta loosen the screws a 1/4 to 1/2 turn but it's snagging instead of cutting I think because it's loose. Right? The blade can't be dull after a year of rare use. It only cost like $13 but if it's a simple fix I like k owing to how to fix stuff

Old 01-12-21, 07:23 AM
Group Moderator
Received 784 Votes on 722 Posts
You could have bent something with the wire brush, or the oil is just too thick for the little electric motor.

Old 01-12-21, 08:20 AM
J
I used grape seed oil. Felt right at least. I did break a little part somehow. But I'm wondering how the metal hoop/hook part fits in there, over the motor shaft or not. Don't know how to get back out of this forest. Having to force it over and so far it hasn't fit. If 8 leave it OUT of the hoop it's too loose. Lol. I don't have time for this but it's too late. I'm in too deep

Old 01-12-21, 09:54 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 747 Votes on 686 Posts
The spring is there to keep tension between the two cutting blades. It holds them firmly together. Look online for videos. It's much faster than me typing detailed instructions.

Old 01-12-21, 01:18 PM
B
Received 101 Votes on 88 Posts
Based on the condition of the internals, the appliance is more than 1--2 years old. Half of the cutter head is fixed by the screws in the first photo. The other half of the cutter head is driven by the motor. As Pilot Dane pointed out there is a spring to maintain compression between the two halves. You have reassembled something incorrectly but I can't help because the photos don't show all the pieces, including the piece you broke off. What is the make and model?

Old 01-14-21, 03:14 AM
J
Thanks. I think I got it on right as it sounds to be working better. Will report back in a few days after some hair has grown back to be shaven...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: