microwave capacitor


  #1  
Old 01-22-23, 09:59 PM
L
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: sweden
Posts: 10
Upvotes: 0
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
microwave capacitor

my capacitor in my microwave is 0,88uf I order online 0.90, but he sent me 1uf and shipping is so so long, my question is, if I can use 1uf? even the orig was 0.88uf???
 
taytum.emberlyn voted this post useful.
  #2  
Old 01-23-23, 01:06 AM
PJmax's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Jersey
Posts: 71,686
Received 3,338 Upvotes on 2,997 Posts
Good question.

It doesn't affect the resonant frequency of the magnetron so it should be ok.
I wouldn't expect there to be a problem.

Are you sure it's bad ? They rarely go bad.

Be careful.... you're working with high voltage there.
 
taytum.emberlyn voted this post useful.
  #3  
Old 01-23-23, 01:25 AM
L
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: sweden
Posts: 10
Upvotes: 0
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
lets say I just make a test for 15sec to see if micro starts without blowing the fuse, you can ruin the megatron? because of that short test? and if its working those 15sec, I could order again 0,90uf
 
taytum.emberlyn voted this post useful.
  #4  
Old 01-23-23, 02:13 AM
L
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: sweden
Posts: 10
Upvotes: 0
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
thanks for your help, I did a short 20sec test and everything works fine, no fuse blow and water in the cup got hot, so I will reorder the correct one, because the orig is 0,88 and the next close is 0,90, much better than a 1uf
 
taytum.emberlyn voted this post useful.
  #5  
Old 01-23-23, 03:41 PM
PJmax's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Jersey
Posts: 71,686
Received 3,338 Upvotes on 2,997 Posts
Good job. You're welcome.
 
taytum.emberlyn voted this post useful.
  #6  
Old 01-23-23, 01:15 AM
L
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: sweden
Posts: 10
Upvotes: 0
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
I am not 100% sure, but as soon I click micro or grill, so the fuse blow, and I had a technician out to test and he said it was the capacitor.
 
  #7  
Old 01-23-23, 01:42 AM
PJmax's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Jersey
Posts: 71,686
Received 3,338 Upvotes on 2,997 Posts
There would not be short time problem... as for testing.
The magnetron could possibly overheat after running a long time.
 
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: