What size brush to clean a fan grill?

Old 04-08-23, 05:52 PM
C
Received 2 Upvotes on 1 Post
What size brush to clean a fan grill?

I got a Lasko 20" Air Circulator Wind Machine, 3-Speed Floor Fan with Pivoting Head many years ago, and never found a way to clean the grill, which is now quite filthy. Got couple bottle brushes from Walmart some days ago but neither really fit, and fail to do the job. Anyone know what size/type brush (or whatever) I need to de-grunge this fan?

Old 04-08-23, 06:10 PM
D
Group Moderator
Received 252 Upvotes on 202 Posts
Can you remove the front cover grille? If so, I'd remove it and spray some sort of "grunge" cleaner on it, let it set for a while, then rinse it off with a water hose.

The grille probably either snaps on or you may have to remove the back cover to access some screws or snaps of some sort to release it. That sounds like its going to be a lot easier than using a brush on that many small openings/spaces.

Old 04-09-23, 05:04 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,152 Upvotes on 1,927 Posts
My vacuum has a brush attachment that works really well. Between the brus and strong suction it does a good job cleaning. If yours is beyond that or if you want super clean I'd remove the grills and lay them flat on a concrete drive or other surface an give them a gentle scrubbing with a brush using a degreasing cleaner, car wash soap, or even dish soap. Being able to access both sides will allow you to get it really clean. And, when the grills are off it's easy to wipe off the fan blades and inside of the fan enclosure.

Old 04-13-23, 11:37 PM
C
Received 2 Upvotes on 1 Post
I was hoping on not taking it apart. I had a similar model many years before this one, and after taking it apart, it was never the same (i.e. quiet).

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: