Question regarding conduit...

Old 07-26-02, 05:08 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question regarding conduit...

I need to use some small runs of conduit in a bathroom I am installing. I need to use the conduit to span a 14" length from the ceiling down to a stud cavity running in a corner. I cannot run the 12/2 in the stud cavity from the very top (there is a solid header among other obstructions). I have to run two pieces of 12/2 in one corner and three pieces of 12/2 in another corner of the bathroom, one of the runs is in the corner of the shower, the other is in the opposite corner. What size conduit do I need for this? I want to use galvanized conduit. I have gotten opinions of everything from 3/4" to 1- 1/2". Please give me some more opinions, I want to do this right from the start.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-02, 05:20 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Less than 24" long conduit runs, you can use what ever size you can jamb them in without damaging the cable. Below find a link to an example considering situations longer than 24", but it may help since keeping the conduit fill to less than 40% will assist in the pulling effort.

http://www.homewiringandmore.com/hom...lenmb2emt.html

Old 07-26-02, 07:36 PM
W
Wgoodrich
Visiting Guest
If you can find a chase to get your cables from your attic to your crawl space you may be able to fish your cables up from the crawl space into your wall as you desire without having to have you conduits exposed on the finished product.

Just an opinion

Wg