electrical problem

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-00, 09:55 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

ok heres my situation ... i have a 97 nissan xe truck , a few days ago i went to the store and when i was going to leave it wouldnt crank ,i couldnt get it jump startend but i was successful in a push start , well i replaced the battery and it was fine for 2 days and the same thing happened. the new battery tested good but i got a replacement for it anyways . i still have no power ,not even a dome light and im just looking for any suggestions thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-00, 11:35 AM
Visiting Guest
Mitch this is the wrong forum so i don't know how to move your post . I will give you a couple of ideas in here and then if you need more help check the auto section.Now with most newer vechiles say from 94 up the alternator is only good to keep a battery charged it is not strong enough to charge a dead battery ,most likely the alternator has gone bad or the belt that turns the altenator has broken or afuse is blown in the charging system. If you replace the alternator be sure the battery is fully charged before trying to start it

Old 09-10-00, 02:58 PM
Visiting Guest
hello mitchmann3,
as doc stated u posted in the wron forem, im moveing this post to automotive, please look 4 further postings there. they r much mor quilified to answer your post then i or the other electricians here.

Closed Thread