Lighting a horse arena

Old 09-15-00, 11:56 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

Can anyone tell me how many 1500 Watt hallogen lights mounted on how many poles I would need to light an outdoor horse arena 190 feet wide and 300 feet long to a little brighter than dusk? Also, is there anyone in the Leonard, Texas area that can help me with this?

Old 09-15-00, 06:38 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The question you asked is hard to do in this forum.

I suggest that you approach a salesman at your local electrical whosesale house. Do not go to a hardware store most likely they will not be prepared to perform what you want.

The salesman at a professional wholesale electrical house is in direct contact with manufacturers that will be glad to figure the foot candles and or down to the lumens if you need. The will design the arena lighting for you and then hope to sell you their product. Ask for a print out to take home to decide. Then make you decision.

Good Luck

Wg

Old 09-15-00, 08:22 PM
Visiting Guest
Debra cant tell you,but give these folks a call DALLAS LIGHT BULB in Dallas i beleive they have a 800 # ask for john will try and get # and post it here monday,can tell you this it will take quite a bit of power so what ever some electrician tells you up the power by at least 15 per cent in case you want to add more stuff.Even a private arean still draws friends and a snack bar isn't bad to have around. This kind a takes me back to my younger days when me and old jim bowie were off oh well

Old 09-18-00, 05:33 AM
Visiting Guest
Thanks for your suggestion - I appreciate your time.
quote:<HR>Originally posted by wgoodrich:
The question you asked is hard to do in this forum.

I suggest that you approach a salesman at your local electrical whosesale house. Do not go to a hardware store most likely they will not be prepared to perform what you want.

The salesman at a professional wholesale electrical house is in direct contact with manufacturers that will be glad to figure the foot candles and or down to the lumens if you need. The will design the arena lighting for you and then hope to sell you their product. Ask for a print out to take home to decide. Then make you decision.

Good Luck

Wg
<HR>

Old 09-18-00, 05:34 AM
Visiting Guest
Thanks! I am going to call them this morning.
quote:<HR>Originally posted by doc:
Debra cant tell you,but give these folks a call DALLAS LIGHT BULB in Dallas i beleive they have a 800 # ask for john will try and get # and post it here monday,can tell you this it will take quite a bit of power so what ever some electrician tells you up the power by at least 15 per cent in case you want to add more stuff.Even a private arean still draws friends and a snack bar isn't bad to have around. This kind a takes me back to my younger days when me and old jim bowie were off oh well<HR>

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: