Older crawford garage door opener wiring questions

Old 09-21-00, 09:09 AM
Visiting Guest
I just purchased a house that has a garage opener in the shop that has been installed except for the wiring. The information on the garage opener says.
Crawford automatic door operator Model 6111-8 S/N 57194 6.8 amp I see 8 wires total coming out of the unit. These wire are grouped in three
circuits. First circuit Black/white looks like a light circuit for when the door is opened ? Second circuit red/red both wires are bent over in a small loop
and taped over on the ends ? Third circuit is for the controller green/yellow/pink/blue. How do I hook these up?

The unit is complete except for the button or the device that mounts to the wall to activate the opener. Can anyone steer me in the right direction for
getting this door opener hooked up. Thank you

Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-00, 03:37 PM
Visiting Guest
hello ghart,
without gessing which i dont like doing, i cant help u except by sugesting u contact crawford and c if u can obtain a wireing diagram. i sugest u search the web for a website useing a search eng.

Old 09-21-00, 08:54 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I am like Sparky. I have great reservations trying to guess how to hook it up. I suspect the black white to be power coming in, the control wires probably ran to a switch on the control to turn on the lights built in the door opener with a built in bymetal switch activating the lights when the door opener was operated.

I might have tried to connect it if I was there at the equipement. I suggest you follow Sparky's suggestion of contacting the manufacturere but doubt you will make contact.

My second suggestion is a local electrical guru to try a trial and error connection by discovery. I would strongly advise this trial and error method be performed by an electrical guru. John Q home owner should stand back from this one and leave it to the pros, and hold the pro harmless if he smokes the equipment in the attempt.

Good Luck

Wg