dusk to dawn yard light problem

Old 09-19-00, 05:50 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

Hi- I have a dusk to dawn yard light, and it went off a couple of days ago. I replaced the light(Mercury type ) but still not working would anyone know what I should check regarding the wiring ..It looks like it is connected directly after the meter? What is the differance between high pressure sodium and mercury light also?
Thanks for any suggestions....

Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-00, 09:46 PM
Visiting Guest
If changing the light bulb didn't fix it, and you have voltage coming into the fixture, change the photocell. Hopefully this is on some sort of a breaker. Coming directly off of the meter without some sort of protection is not smart (nor is it legal)

Mercury vapor lites operate on about 150 watts. H.P. sodium are about 1/4 to 1/3 of that. Mercury lites are a blue or violet lite. Sodiums are an orange shade.

Old 09-20-00, 11:27 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Good reply Lefty it would be hard pressed to find anyone saying it better. Short and to the point with accuracy.

Keep up the good work

Wg

Old 09-22-00, 03:26 AM
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

Hello,
I would like to say thanks for the info I had from this site. The wiring was the problem, it was old and spliced in many places .I called an electrician in and installed a breaker and rewired the light.I will recommend this site to all my friends
Regards...lode