Where buy electric supplies on web?

Old 09-29-00, 03:32 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

Does anyone know where to buy electric outlets, switches, etc. on the web? I have done a search, and there are lots of local retailers with 3-page web sites, and lots of manufacturers of exotic dimmers, etc.

I moved into a house with a lot of wood panelling, and I am specifically interested in BROWN components: "toggle" type dimmers, "toggle" type 3-way dimmers, etc. in brown. Local retailers carry mostly white, ivory and almond.

Thanks!

Charles

Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-00, 04:21 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I don't know that the net is a good place just yet to look for small electrical items. I suggest that you try an Electrical contractor's wholesale warehouse for you electrical needs. They usually have the best variety and if they don't have it they are usually able to get it in a couple of days if special items.

Good Luck

Wg

Old 09-29-00, 07:38 PM
Visiting Guest
Charles, since what you are looking for is not a normal stock item at your local home improvement warehouse(s), you might try asking them if they are able to special order the items you are interested in. If they can do this, you'll save some money this way, as opposed to going through a specialty or electrical supply company. Many times, a local store such as Home Depot, Lowe's, etc., will not carry certain colors, styles, etc., because of a low market demand for these items, but the manufacturers that supply these places may carry what you are looking for.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CharlesM:
Does anyone know where to buy electric outlets, switches, etc. on the web? I have done a search, and there are lots of local retailers with 3-page web sites, and lots of manufacturers of exotic dimmers, etc.

I moved into a house with a lot of wood panelling, and I am specifically interested in BROWN components: "toggle" type dimmers, "toggle" type 3-way dimmers, etc. in brown. Local retailers carry mostly white, ivory and almond.

Thanks!

Charles
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old 10-01-00, 10:45 AM
Visiting Guest
Exclamation

I think your idea of shopping on the web is a concept of conveniece. The online retailers tend to have a selection of supplies that is incomplete. Even though they have lots of dimmers, the problem is what you want.
BROWN dimmer switches are VERY rare.
You can continue to search, however I have a handful of manufactures catalogs and none of them have brown dimmer switches. I don't think the other colors are that much of a problem on the wood paneling.
Continueing to search for brown dimmer switches I think is a waste of time.

Sorry,

gj