rewiring costs'

Old 10-02-00, 11:04 AM
Visiting Guest
where can I get a rough idea of the cost of
having a 60' x 12' manufactured home rewired by a union scale electrician?I would like find this info on the net if possible.
thank you;
dano

Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-00, 02:15 PM
Visiting Guest
Some of us can give you some cost estimates if you tell more information.
Beyond rewiring branch circuits, do you want to include a ner circuit breaker panel (I probably would) and a new service drop (if arial) or underground service line from the utility's equipment?
What is the reason for rewiring?/How old is the manufactured home?
What region are you located in?

Tell us more,

gj

Old 10-03-00, 02:10 PM
Visiting Guest
GJ;
thank you for your response.Let me clarify.
I already have all of the hardware needed to
complete the job.What I am looking for is,a
ballpark figure on the hourly labor of a journey electrician in the Palm Springs CA.
area.I've already figured the hour's and as
I said I have all the hardware,wire,tool's etc...The reason I am replacing the wire is
the entire unit is wired in aluminum.The home owner (my cousin) insists on paying me
scale wage for the job so if I can locate the correct rate I'll half it and send him the bill.Thank's again and I hope you can help me one more time.
sincerly
T.

Old 10-04-00, 02:47 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Union wage is usually set by prevailing wage in the area of construction. To get an estimated prevailing wage in your area research a government project recently done in your area and check the advertised provailing wage ruled during the bidding process. Ususally a call you your local mayor or commissioner's office can get you an estimate of the prevailing wage set by the rules of the Davis Bacon Act. This provailing wage changes per project and location of that project. There is usually a hearing held with a member of that meeting being a local official, an uninterested party, and a union representative or somewhere around that division. During that meeting the union wage is set for that project.

Hope this helps you

Wg