BAD PROBLEM With moton detector or sensor lights

Old 10-04-00, 06:57 PM
Visiting Guest
Lamp holders Need to be designed to allow use of clear globes to protect regular 200&300 watt bulbs from braking in the rain!

Old 10-04-00, 08:28 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I suspect that you can find globes to protect lighting over 100 whats clear to 1500 watts. I don't think you will find any glass globe that would protect a spot or flood with the lumens directed in intense pattern. The heat would burn through the globe or the globe would be so large to accept the directed heat that the globe would not be usable.

You might think of using a Quartz flood. The Quartz is an intense light that reaches in a spot pattern as far out as 100 yards.

Good luck

Wg

Old 10-04-00, 08:35 PM
I read your post on the previous question

They have commercial post lamps that have a large glass globe allowing up to 1000 watts. Check with Hubbell or another commercial lighting manufacturer.

Look around and you will probably find these type of lights in lawyer parking lots etc.

Usually supplied through Hubbell manufacturing.

Hope this helps

Wg

Old 10-05-00, 02:44 AM
Visiting Guest
How do i use globes when the lamp holders for these lights provide no means of attaching globes to them?
ALSO-Can't use flood or spot bulbs because i need bulbs that cast lite in all directions.

Old 10-05-00, 05:50 PM
You will have to exchange fixtures to one that is designed for the bulbs. If you have a fixture already and it is designed to be an area light then it would come with a globe for the bulb size that you want. If the globe is too small for the high wattage bulb then you are violating the code by not following the recommendations of the manufacturer. You are not allowed by the NEC to adapt a fixture for a use not designed for the purpose.

Good Luck

Wg

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: