Hunter ceiling remote add on divice

Old 10-07-00, 10:52 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

I have an existing ceiling fan with an add on remote control. Does anyone have a wireing digram or can tell me how to wire it up. The switch on the wall kills all the power coming to the fan. I have the color wires wired together(pink to pink , etc.) It is a hunter add on divise. Model # CP911OR

[This message has been edited by Mike2801 (edited October 07, 2000).]

Old 10-08-00, 09:06 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
There are so many variations of this "remote switching" even if only one brand. You should have received wiring instructions witht the fan or go back to where you bought it to get the instructions.

What you call remote may be a hand held device sending a signal to a receiver in the switch itself with hard wires between the switch and the fan. Or you may have a switch transmitter mounted in the wall box that sends a signal to a receiver relay swith in the box above the fan. This would normally be used where there isn't enough conductors to switch the manner you desired. There is even receivers available mounted in the switch box that receives a transmission through you house wiring that talks to the smart switch to turn that fan on by your computor through your telephone from anywhere in the world that you are located on vacation to turn that fan on and off by phone, computor, smart switch.

I think you should understand now that you should find the instructions for wiring that switch in with you switch from you manufacturer of the switch.

Good Luck

Wg

Old 10-08-00, 02:30 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I made this reply and thought it may hit some of what you were asking about also. It really may not apply to you but may give you some ideas.

Good Luck

Wg

I take it that you don't have a problem with the switches as they are, but you don't have a way of changing directions or using a hand held remote control transmitter.
If I am right in assuming how you are set up then YOu can connect the remote receiver switch btween the existing hot feeder of your existing switch system for your fan. The the other conductor of the remote receiver switch directly to the existing switches of the switch system for your fan.

Now the reversing must use another device called a smart switch.

Talk to you electrical supplier and ask for a two pole switch that reverses the switch from off to on one the off to one two. This is a small relay designed to be installed in the cone of you paddle fan. Just hook it between the hot feeding the fan under the cone of that fan in the light box. Then connect the first switch leg of the smart switch to the hot leads of the fan directional switch and the second switch leg of the smart switch to the reverse leads of the fan directional switch.

When all done the hand held will turn on the fan with the existing switches in the same position is was when it was turned off and at the speed that your existing speed switch was set at the time it was turned off.

The direction is changed by turning the fan off while it is running and then turning the fan back on and the relay in the cone of the fan will automatically reverse the direction of that fan.

Hope this was not too confusing.

Wg

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: