new outlet box between studs


Old 10-09-00, 07:58 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

I am remoldeling a bathroom and would like to place a new gfi outlet in a place where there is not a stud. Are there mounting brackets I can buy to mount directly to sheetrock?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-00, 08:32 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

Get a "handybox" with drywall ears. You can put them anywhere in the wall. The box has ears in two corners that fold out when tightened and grab the drywall from behind. When you purchase one, be sure to grab a template, they're always hiding at the bottom of the box.
Old 10-10-00, 11:10 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

That's what I was going to say. But I believe they're called "old-work" boxes. They're very easy to install and are NOT considered a Mickey-Mouse solution!


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: