lengh of extention cords

Old 10-12-00, 08:48 PM
G
Visiting Guest
Question

Why don't they make extension cords shorter than six feet long? I could use less than 12 inches of cord to make the toaster reach the wall outlet. The extra cord length gets in the way and the cat plays with it. I'm afraid the cat will electricute himself if he bites into it (if I had a small child, he could pull on it too). I've been to department stores and Ace hardware--none has a short extension cord.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-00, 09:25 PM
G
Visiting Guest
krsecond,
Consider a multi plug outlet strip-they come in 12" lengths and if you dont want the extra plugs just buy some child proof inserts. That might help I hope.

Old 10-13-00, 05:44 PM
G
Visiting Guest
My suggestion is to take the toaster to a small appliance repair shop and get a longer cord installed. The cost would be minimal and you can get it just the right length.
Brian

Old 10-16-00, 01:01 PM
G
Visiting Guest
Exclamation

You want shorter than 6ft for a toaster,
There are 3ft and 2ft extension cords made for the purpose of short length or creating 3 otlets from one. For the toaster, make sure you buy a cord that is 14AWG.
Another option is make an extension cord.
Buy 2ft or 14-3 cord, plug and connector.
black wire to brass screws, white to silver, and green to green. make sure all connections are tight. Buy the better quality cord caps that cost 3-4$ each.
This is a custimizable option!

gj