Relay Wall Switch

Old 10-16-00, 12:33 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

I am looking for replacement switches for a low voltage lighting system. House built in 1948 with a lighting wiring box in utility room (all lights/some outlets run to this). "Regular" switches do not work because they are always in an on or off position causing electric current to run constantly. I am looking for true rocker type switches to replacement the old ones there now. Some are even surface mounted switches (the wiring comes through a small hole in the surface and the entire switch is covered and mounted to the surface in places where you cannot make the hole bigger for a recessed switch box.) Can I still buy these switches someplace!?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-00, 01:54 PM
Visiting Guest
Talking

I know the type of system you have and understand how it works. However, I do not know where to get supplies since these systems are not commonly installed. Have you went to an electrical supply house? They may not have what you want in stock, but should certainly be able to order the exact type of switch you need.
General Electric was a major manufacture of this system.
Do tell us the manufacture of the switch assemblies.

gj

Old 10-16-00, 02:11 PM
Visiting Guest
Thanks for a quick response. The manufacturer is General Electric. I have emailed them directly but have received no response yet, along with a local lighting supply company. I have not yet tried any electric supply places. Thanks for that advice. I will keep you posted. Thanks again.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by green jacket:
I know the type of system you have and understand how it works. However, I do not know where to get supplies since these systems are not commonly installed. Have you went to an electrical supply house? They may not have what you want in stock, but should certainly be able to order the exact type of switch you need.
General Electric was a major manufacture of this system.
Do tell us the manufacture of the switch assemblies.

gj
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old 10-17-00, 12:19 PM
Visiting Guest
Check any local surplus outlets, they
may have the Single Pole, Double Throw,
Center Off switches you need, although
probably not an exact mechanical replacement,
they will electrically work.