outlets out, breaker did flip

Old 10-19-00, 01:08 PM
Visiting Guest
My Mom lost power to her bathroom and bedroom(power went while she had a hair dryer going). The circuit breaker did not turn off, and I can not find a reset anywhere. I have tuned all breakers off and on including the main ,still no power. Any Ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-00, 02:39 PM
Visiting Guest
hello dpstang,
im betting there is a gfci some where on this circuit that has triped. most common places for a gfci r bathrooms, kitchens, garages, outside, basements. they r not limited to these places eather, they can be any where there is an outlet. i recal an istance simuler to yours where the persion hunted and hunted for a gfci maitained there was none, called an electrician and found a gfci behind a hutch in the dineing room that was triped. so i strongly recomend u thurly search each room in the house for a gfci and punch the reset on every 1 u find.

Old 10-19-00, 02:41 PM
Visiting Guest
GFCI is not necessarily the problem, but definitely the most probable.

Where to look for the reset button? in all outlets in the garage, on the front porch, on the back porch, in every bathroom including bathroom closets, in the basement. Be sure to look behind any furniture.

Let us know.