Masonary Boxes

Old 09-09-02, 07:32 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Masonary Boxes

I made the mistake of going to Home Depot looking for something I was unsure exactly what it was. When I asked for a masonry electrical box... I was pointed to weather proof or a standard metal handy box and given blank stares.

Can someone tell me is there something out there called a masonry box? Will a metal handy box work or does it need to be weather proof?

Thanks,

abkent

Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-02, 01:20 PM
P
If you are setting a box for a switch or a receptacle "flush" in a brick or cinder-block wall use a masonary box available at electrical supply houses---Good Luck!!!

Old 09-09-02, 04:40 PM
B
what do they look like, I need two before saturday. please do not tell me go to supply house, most here are run by idiots. I need to know before I ask.

Old 09-11-02, 05:40 PM
B
bwetzel
Visiting Guest
a mason box is the size of a half brick. It is skinny and hard to get things into it. But they work. If you are using cinder blocks, 4 inch square boxes and 1 1/2 plaster rings work well. You can set them right in the web of a block. If it is brick, you need a mason box. Tell them what you are doing and they should be able to help.