sears garage door opener

Old 10-18-00, 02:05 PM
Visiting Guest
Garage door opener will not start to open the door until you hit the motor pulley with a hammer. It will close the door. Door opener previously worked for years.

Old 10-18-00, 02:52 PM
Visiting Guest
Before you buy a new opener, try greasing all the moving parts of the door and GDO track.

Old 10-18-00, 03:45 PM
Visiting Guest
hello fred,
do as john stated, but befor u grease it be sure u clean it, my garage opener needs cleaned at least once a year due to the heavy dust in my area. i clean mine useing paint thinnner on a rag then spray every thing with contact cleaner then give it a good coat of white lithum grease. since u have to hit it with a hammer befor it will move could mean your barings r freezing and possabily the cleaning will clear it up.

Old 10-21-00, 06:38 PM
Visiting Guest
John Nelson and Sparky is right. You also may be causing a vibration causing a sticky directional switch to go ahead and switch modes when it is stuck in a halfway position. I would try as John Nelson and Sparky said but it that doesn't work look for something changing when you strick the equipment. Sounds like something stick or stiff to me.

Good Luck

Wg

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: