Electrical Wiring

Old 10-21-00, 04:34 AM
Visiting Guest
Does power cable clipped against new breezeblock wall, have to be mechanically protected before plastering?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-00, 04:30 PM
Visiting Guest
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cwood73908:
Does power cable clipped against new breezeblock wall, have to be mechanically protected before plastering?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What type of power cable is it? What are you using it for? My name is Nathan, I am a journeyman electrician and would be happy to help you, just need more info. E-mail me at [email protected]
Good luck

Old 10-21-00, 08:29 PM
Visiting Guest
Any wiring installed within a poured concrete, adobe, plaster or any other mixed type wall covering without a chase to run the wiring in must have some type of conduit to make the chase for removal or expansion of that wiring. In the scenerio that you describe you will have to use a type of conduit that is plastic. This type of conduit material is corrosion resistant and corrosion resistant would be required in the application you descibe.

You will need a flat style conduit such as pvc flat track conuit. This style of conduit will lay thin so that your plaster does not have to be too thick.

Hope this helps

Wg