Outdoor outlet has no power

Old 10-22-00, 03:46 PM
Visiting Guest
Outdoor outlet has no power. It was working one minute and then it didn't. No CB's were tripped, I checked what I thought was the same circuit it's on, and that circuit is OK. (The box isn't very well labelled.)Every single other outlet and light in the house and garage are working. I pulled out the bad outlet, thinking that was the problem, but I tested the wires themselves and it showed no voltage at all. Now what could be wrong? A loose connector deep inside my walls? Please help, I am really stymied!!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-00, 05:43 PM
Visiting Guest
Cool

This outside outlet is probably (as it should be) a gfci receptacle. Push test/reset button, and see if that doesn't help. Good Luck!

Old 10-22-00, 06:45 PM
Visiting Guest
Cool

Oldguy is probabaly correct. Look for the GFCI receptacle in any of the following locations: Garage, kitchen, bathrooms, or other outside outlets. It will be a special faced type, with a test and a reset button on it's face. If the reset button won't stay in when pressed, you may have a bod GFCI, which can be replaced fairly easy. Just follow the directions that are included with the new receptacle.

Good luck. RM

Old 10-22-00, 08:50 PM
Visiting Guest
You've asked this forum's favorite question. If the above advice doesn't do it for you, do a search on "GFCI" and you get a zillion suggestions.