Leveling Coach Lights

Old 10-24-00, 12:34 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

Does anyone manufacture adjustable coach light mounting plates that will allow the lights to be leveled on rough swale cedar.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-00, 06:02 PM
Visiting Guest
I don't recognize the term rough swale cedar. There is a siding that used to be available called rough sawn ceder. This type of siding was in the form of a wedge like a shingle it came in lengths of up to 20' and it was installed like the old car siding or lap style siding. This rough sawn cedar had a bark edge at the bottom and a razor edge on the top. If this is anything like what you have then you have an uneven surface with about a 3/4 to 1" offset that you need to mount your coach light to. If this is correct, then what I used to do is use another piece of the same siding only split so that the base of the coach light is mounted with this extra split piece even with the bottom of the base and the regular siding even with the top of the base making the coach light level. Then we installed a soft foam rubber sponge material and squeezed the sponge between the base of the coach light and the wood siding. Then we used silicone caulking colored to match the siding to seal the base using the sponge as a backing filler in the gap formed between the split piece and the siding and the coach light base.

Hope I hit what you need

Wg