Visiting Guest
What is your question??

quote:<HR>Originally posted by huntts1:
I see you can't get a straight answer
here as on most other pages.
<HR>

Old 10-29-00, 07:31 PM
Visiting Guest
huntts1, why do you insult us under one alias while simultaneously seeking our help under another alias (i.e., your bathroom question asked as "kramer1")?

If you mean by your question that we must often ask you for further information, then we must plead guilty to trying hard to provide the best answer rather than simply taking a wild guess.

But anyway, we'll seek to help you even if you insult us. I'll be able to help you better if you answer my question in your other post under your other alias.

Old 10-29-00, 08:59 PM
Visiting Guest
hello huntts1/kramer1,
the following is a copy of the post u r seaking help for, and i assume this is the 1 you r refering to as to getting no straight answers. the reasion u cant get a straight answer to this question is that there is no straight answer for loseing power, there are far to many things that can cause this to tell you exactily what is going on with out actualy being there and doing some testing. the best we can do for you is offer sugestions, on some of the more common causes. i suspect that both baths r feed off the same circuit, my gess is that power is feed into the gfci, out to switch and other bath on the load side. with this set up u only need 1 gfci to control both baths which was a common practice in prior years. now the cause of lost power, 1. triped gfci, 2. triped breaker 3.bad breaker, 4.loose connections, 5. improperly wired gfci. these 5 things r probily the most common reasions for no power in a bath. you need to get a tester to determin if there is power comeing into the gfci, if no power is present at the gfci test the breaker. if powers comeing into the gfci then test to be sure power is comeing out of the gfci, if none is then replace the gfci.if u need further assistance feel free to ask and we will do our best to answer them. unregistered

posted October 29, 2000 05:15 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have two bathrooms each with a celing
fan/light combination. All of a sudden
both stopped working. I took the light
bulb out of one and it worked when trying
it in a lamp. We checked the electrical
box and everything seems fine. Could the
problem be in the switch? Seems funny
they both would go at the same time.
I even check the gfi switch and it seems
fine. Does anyone have any ideas of what
could be wrong? Thank you for any information.

IP: 207.172.7.100
p.s.the IP address is a dead give away

Old 10-30-00, 10:51 AM
Visiting Guest
Huntts1/Kramer1,

Is the problem here that you're not getting your money's worth? The people who contribute to the forum are some pretty special folks who, in all the replies I've read, really care about people and honestly want to help. I see them do some pretty amazing things on these pages, often with not enough information to go on, but bless 'em all they try to help just the same.

Those of us who have an electrical background understand that not everybody out there thinks like an electrical troubleshooter. As a lifelong troubleshooter myself I can tell you that these guys are asking good analytical questions so they can get to the root of your problem and help you solve it, and also so they won't give you the wrong advice and have you blow yourself up or burn your house down. They're unwavering in their dedication to guide people to a solution, as they have tried to do with your original question. And look at 'em, still trying away to help you after treating them, well, less than kind.

A little appreciation would be nice.

JuiceHead

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: