Old 11-19-00, 10:06 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

We are in the midst of renovating our family room. By making it larger, we can group furniture in the middle of the room. We have installed recessed overhead lights for general lighting, but how would I power a lamp in the middle of the room for task lighting?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-00, 12:50 PM
BoatMech's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 592
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

YOu should be able to just add another switch to your existing switch and run a 12 or 14/2 cable to that light fixture matching the size wire existing on the original circuit.

There are several unknowns in your post. Are the ceiling and walls open studs? Are you having reservations as to whether you can get the wire to that area? Or are you reluctant due to questioning the load of the fixture.

I would say we need more info on this question to give you a viable reply for your consideration.


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: