Romex in conduit

Old 11-17-00, 08:32 AM
Visiting Guest
I need to run 12/2wg and 10/2wg romex in separate schedule 80 conduits. Can anyone tell me the sizes required?

Thanks,

JH

Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-00, 06:56 PM
Visiting Guest
hello juicehead,
what you need to do is measure the romex at its widest point,this width is then considered to be round and one conductor. then the maximum fill would be found in chapter 9 table 4 in the 53% column for one conductor. Be sure to use the chart for the type of conduit you are using.

Old 11-21-00, 10:21 AM
Visiting Guest
sprky, I KNOW how to calculate this, I'm just being a lazy son-of-a-so & so and trying to get someone else to do it for me. I figured I might land an electrician who has done it already. Thanks for nuttin'!

JH

Old 11-21-00, 07:58 PM
Visiting Guest
juicehead this is a forum for asking for help and to offer help and for some reason every so often you seem to be a little snooty when some one answers a question for you ,if it is not the answer you seek then wait and see who else may answer,but dang guy don't keep on until you run people off that try to help out .I saw nothing wron with sparkys answer to you,a few post back when he question your knowledge you got on to him for questing your ability and now he gives you a start and you are on to him for not doing it for you.I have been around this forum for a long time along with others and have seen a lot of good help leave over little ticks like this so please cut some slack

Old 11-22-00, 07:25 AM
Visiting Guest
Doc and sprky,

My humble apology. I was honestly trying to be funny. I confessed to being lazy, then when I finished with "thanks for nuttin'", I misspelled it on purpose to try to make it ovious that I was goofing around. That's what I intended. I'm sorry if it came off snooty. Sprky's advice was straight up, and the correct answer. I agree that this is no place for negativity, and there was truly none intended.

As far as the past, I recall one post to which sprky simply replied "go hire an electrician". The poster didn't have an adequate grasp of electrical jargon so I assume sprky assumed the guy was clueless and shouldn't be working with electricity. Given that this is a D.I.Y. forum, I disagreed, and was somewhat philosophical in my reply. I did not intend to alienate anyone, but simply express my opinion.

Again, I apologize if I offended you, sprky.

And doc, while I appreciate the feedback in general I don't think I deserved to be reemed out. Perhaps you might have been the only one who misread my reply to sprky as negative, and you have taken the opportunity to characterize me as a negative guy. I come around here to be helpful to folks and I have been helpful and I don't consider myself to be a rotton egg. If your message is that we all need to be positive then let's be positive, OK?

JH

[This message has been edited by JuiceHead (edited November 22, 2000).]

Old 11-22-00, 07:40 PM
Visiting Guest
juicehead no apology was needed on my part but gladly accepted,din't mean it to come down hard that is why i put the please in at the end
MAY THE SUN SHINE ON YOUR FACE IN THE MORNING AND YOU AWAKE WITH A SMILE THAT YOU ARE ABLE TO ENJOY ANOTHER DAY