lights glow much brighter than wattage

Old 11-22-00, 07:07 PM
Visiting Guest
We've been having a problem in our kids bedroom that has us very concerned. On 3 separate occaisions, and at 3 different outlets, the lightbulbs in 2 lamps (and most recently a nightlight) have begun to glow with an intensity far beyond what they normally do. They stay that way until we shut them off, then they usually burn out when we turn them back on. When we replace the bulbs, the problem seems to be gone. We're naturally concerned about a fire hazard. Any ideas on what could be causing this and what steps we should take to correct it? Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-00, 07:21 PM
Visiting Guest
Cool

I would suggest you call in an electrician to check for loose connection from the incoming supply up to the outlets in that room. If left, it could indeed be a fire hazard, so don't delay.

Good luck. Rick Miell

Old 11-22-00, 07:55 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I agree with Rick. When lights get over bright, it usually indicates a loose connection in the grounded or neutral side of the circuit. I agree you should have concern and try to locate the problem as soon as possible. I suspect a wire is cooking somewhere due to a loose connection in the white grounded or neutral.

Good luck

Wg