Difference of Opinions

Old 11-22-00, 07:49 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I received an email from a person who seemed quite qualified. He emailed me directly in respect of me. I believe he did not want to question my opinion in this forum.

I just wanted to state my feelings on the subject of difference of opinions. It is my strong belief that the reason why this forum subject is probably one of the most popular sites is the presence of different opinions.

I agree that once in a while we tend to take offense and may get a bit bitey with each other, but I feel all that make replies have a lot of respect for all others that make replies.

Without a second reply stating a totally different view on the subject the one who posted the question in the first place would only have one opinion in reply to his questions.

There are many different ways of doing and looking at a certain subject and the persence of the difference of opinions or a second set of suggestions or views in itself is really what makes this forum so valuble to all.

I SAY KEEP UP THE GREAT REPLIES WHETHER WE AGREE OR NOT. IN DISAGREEING, WE ARE SERVING THE POSTER OF THE QUESTION IN THE BEST LIGHT WITH A VARIETY OF SUGGESTIONS AND OPINIONS TO CHOSE FROM. PROVIDING THE BEST INFORMATION ATTEMPTING TO ENSURE THEIR SAFETY REALLY IS OUR GOAL. 'TO HELP'

Thanks to all. Proud to be a part of this forum. I see a lot of knowledge and help to others AND ITS FREE TO ALL.

Good luck

Wg

Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-00, 08:15 AM
Visiting Guest
WG I pretty much agree with you,what needs to be kept in mind is the less experienceed sometimes are left in the area of who is right and who is wrong. The post a few days back on the ground wire running to a building and a ground rod being used left several people I guarntee confused, and with the knowledge that you and Rick have how does one judge who is correct,and who is wrong or is there a way to do it and both of you be correct. That answer was not given.When the debates take place it sure would be nice if we could find a solution where both ways would work,or someone come back and after the debate give us the for sure correct method
I have a lot of respect for the 2 of you and am only using you and Rick as an example because of the difference in opinion on the ground question recently ,but you guys have got to keep it down on a level that us less knowledgeable ones can understand and not get into techinical jargon or if you do come back and break it down .
Just a few months ago we had a master electrician and a journey man on a job ,I decided to open up a couple of boxes and found that none of the ground wires were pigtailed to the j-box. We then question them on this and was told " you don't have to pig tail because the conduit works for ground " now the way I have been taught is you have to pigtail if a ground wire is ran , but these 2 or teaching something that is wrong,but argued up and down they are correct so the debates are good to find out you may be taught wrong. Does any of this make since,Imake a lot better speaker than writer

Old 11-23-00, 09:17 AM
Visiting Guest
Wg, I disagree with you completely. I don't think we should ever allow disagreement in this forum.