wire connector

Old 10-14-02, 10:25 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
wire connector

Hi Guy.

Last month I went back home to visit my country (china) and couldn't believe my eye. I am scare to touch any electrical part in the house, even just to turn on the light. The most dangerous thing is the power line connecting from the main transmission line to the house. They don't have the connector like we have, they just put it on, just like the hook and twist it around. I want buy those connector (if they are affordable) and send it back home, but I don't know what is that connector call. Can some one help?
That village will be burn down some day.
By the way, they have to shut down the electrical at 6:00pm for 5-10 min, that's very interesting.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-02, 10:37 AM
S
Sparksone42
Visiting Guest
I think maybe the splice that you are describing is what is called a "Western Union" splice.

The connectors that you are looking for have different names depending on which manufacturers item you purchase. In order to purchase the proper connectors you have to know the wire sizes and types to be connected. Further, the connectors will do you no good without the crimping tool! Once these connectors are placed on the conductor you have to use the crimping tool to crimp the connection and make it tight.

Since this is the connection from the power company, whomever that might be, they may be the ones that regulate it. You may want to contact them. Making the connections from the power company to the service conductors is not a do it yourself job, this should be left to the people who have the equipment, tools and training to do this kind of work.

Old 10-14-02, 11:06 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thank Sparksone42. I will do some search on your advise. They do have couple electrician over their, the same on who shut down the power at 6:00 pm everyday for 5-10 minutes.