wiremold product

Old 10-19-02, 03:40 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
wiremold product

I want to install some outlets in a 12 x 6 foot room that only has 2 ceiling lights.The switch operating the lights is on the outside of the room(on the other side of the door) so I figured to take the power from the 4" box on the ceiling that the flourescent lights are connected to.The outlets would be switched,but that is better than no outlets at all.Does the wiremold company have a fitting that I can build off the box on the ceiling.It is exposed.I'm thinking a connector of some kind to attach from the knockout on the box with an offset to connect the raceway along the ceiling and the inside 90 to come down the wall.The hardware stores are closed right now,but I would like to start planning this project this weekend so I can get right to it Monday when they open.I do know that Wiremold is the brand of product that they sell around here.Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-02, 06:05 PM
Wiremold definately has what you are looking for. You can begin research before you go tot he store at www.wiremold.com

Old 10-20-02, 07:57 AM
M
Thanks, Ron

I really appreciate the response.One more question if I may.I will go with the non-metallic type.Does a stranded ground wire work better than a solid one from the outlets back to the ceiling box?Thanks for any help

Old 10-20-02, 05:25 PM
Solid or stranded operate the same.