seperate fixtures in sequence

Old 11-12-02, 08:13 PM
Jul C.
Visiting Guest
seperate fixtures in sequence

I need to wire 3 sep. flourescent fixtures to two sep. switches, the first 2 lights work with one switch but 3 rd light and 2nd switch dont. rewiring caused breaker to snap. help!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-02, 01:32 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Check the wiring on the 3d light. It sounds as if there is a short to ground. The white and black wires should go to appropriately colored wires in the fixture, with the green wire to the frame of the fixture. There usually is a wiring diagram on the inside of the fixture to guide you.

Old 11-13-02, 04:17 AM
More detail is needed - specifically, what wires are at each location, what are they connected to, and where they go (for example - "At light fixture #3 a 12/2 going to switch #2, black connected to fixture black, white connected to fixture white" and so on for each fixture and switch box).

Old 11-13-02, 06:41 AM
" need to wire 3 sep. flourescent fixtures to two sep. switches, the first 2 lights work with one switch but 3 rd light and 2nd switch dont. rewiring caused breaker to snap. help!"

Are you trying to have the second light connected to work with both switches, but the first and third only to work with one switch? I'm just trying to get this straight in my head. And are all
these on the same curcuit?

Do you want them to work independantly of each other or are you trying to connect a 3 way curcuit up?

Old 11-15-02, 10:36 PM
Bldaz
Visiting Guest
I think you wired two hots together, just a thought.