temperature-sensitive wiring

Reply

  #1  
Old 11-24-02, 03:01 PM
L
lyen
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Question temperature-sensitive wiring

Hi!
i bought a wall mounted light fixture that says i must have 90 deg. wiring.well, my house was built in 1961.It has copper wiring. In the basement there are mulititudes of varied wires.the one going into the basement light outlets are green like fish scales(!)but with no discernable writing.

how do i determine the temp my wiring can take?

thanks!
 
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 11-24-02, 07:27 PM
C
Member
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Taylors, SC
Posts: 9,483
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Questions pertaining to electrical wiring are more appropriately posted in the electrical section. This section is for communications wiring such as Cat 5 cable.
 
Reply
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: