OR-Gates in AC?

Old 12-07-02, 09:53 AM
L
Lito
Visiting Guest
OR-Gates in AC?

Right now, I have 2 lights on either side of my garage that are controlled by a switch inside. What I wanted to do is to add a motion detector to control them also. I found a nice standalone unit at Home Depot that does this.

What I'm wondering is how will I go about wiring the motion detector to these lights while still keeping the functionality of the indoor switch. Whenever there is motion in the driveway, I want the motion detectors to light up the lights, obviously, but I want the indoor switch to sort of be an "on-override", where if the switch is in the on position, the lights will stay on, and if it is off, the motion detector will control whether or not the lights will go on, sort of like an OR-circuit in electronics.

Wiring either one is standalone is easy, but I was wondering if I can get both of them to work together, like described above. Anyone have any hints on doing this?

Thanks in advance,
-Lito

Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-02, 09:57 AM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Why not get a motion sensing switch? Have you seen these? It has a small motion detector built into the switch, so you can control motion on or switch on.

Old 12-07-02, 10:44 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Most motion detecters have an overide built in to them,,, read the instructions.