Help with Panasonic TV antenna connection

Old 12-09-02, 09:12 PM
sdarisi
Visiting Guest
Help with Panasonic TV antenna connection

Last night, I was a bit careless and I now have a Panasonic TV with a broken antenna connector (where the antenna cable is screwed in).

The folks at Panasonic want me to buy a complete tuner kit to repair this. Before I order one, I would appreciate if anyone knows of other options that I can explore. Thanks.

Subbarayudu
sdarisi@hotmail.com

Old 12-09-02, 10:28 PM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You should post this question in the Appliances - TV & Stereo Forum. You will get a much quicker response.

http://forum.doityourself.com/forumd...?s=&forumid=68

Old 12-10-02, 07:06 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You'll need to open the set up, and see where it broke, and if it can be replaced. You'll probaly need to take the tuner board out, take the cover off, and un-solder the connector, then take it to Radio Shack and see if they have something similar. If not, you can buy a regular connector, put a short piece of RG6 on it, then solder the RG6 on the tuner board. It won't be as pretty, but it will work. It will definetly be less expensive then a new tuner board.

Old 12-10-02, 12:08 PM
J
Received 515 Upvotes on 420 Posts
The connector probably isn't broke. The PCB that it is soldered to or the plastic that it is clamped to is probably broken.

Old 12-10-02, 01:52 PM
sdarisi
Visiting Guest
Re Panasonic TV antenna connector

The broken piece that I have is pretty much like a small pipe. At one end it has an opening for the central wire from the antenna cable to go into. There is not much to describe at the other end ie the end that attaches to the inside of the TV.

Looking at the back of the TV, there is circular metal/plastic frame with a small metal rectangular shaped protusion at the center. This seems to be enclosed in some short of a plastic case that is part of the rear cabinet enclosure.

We were repositioning the TV and forgot about the antenna cable connection. The resulting tension snapped off the external part of the connector. Hope this provides some clarity. Thanks.

Subbarayudu

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: