Doorbell

Old 01-02-03, 11:49 AM
L
lycosgirl
Visiting Guest
Question Doorbell

We had a repairman come out and do some remodeling and in the process, he didn't wire the doorbell up correctly at the chime box. I need to know how to do this. Right now there are two wires hooked up, but the doorbell isn't even lighted up.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-03, 03:32 PM
J
jeff1
Visiting Guest
Arrow

Hi,

I moved this here in hopes that the electrical forum can offer some info/tips on this....I couldn't think of a closer forum for door bells.

jeff.

Old 01-02-03, 07:48 PM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How many wires are there in the box and what colors and what termination points are ther in there? In termingation points any letters or numbers on anything? Does this only control the one door or is it for two doors (make and model of the unit would help) Do the chimes work when the button is pushed? If they do then your problem may be a burnt out led in the button and not misswiring.

Old 01-04-03, 08:15 AM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You chime operates off a transformer which coverts 110 volts to 16 volts. It's possible you have two 2-wires cables,one 2-wire cable between the door-button to the transformer and the other 2-wire cable between the chime and the transformer.I suggest you try to locate the transformer which often is located at the servce-panel with the chime/button wires connected.----Good Luck!!!!