expanding service

Old 01-15-03, 04:47 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: 63129
Posts: 223
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
expanding service

i have been wanting to upgrade my service and box for several years. do i need to contact utility service for another line from the pole?

i am also considering a power conditioner add-on since our neighborhood is older and we had a transformer blow up a few years ago and many people lost tons of appliances and equipment that had to be claimed against THEIR homeowners' policies because the utilites state that they are NOT responsible under state law.

Suggestions? I am going to hire a qualified, licensed electrician and have some additional GFCI outlets added to my bathrooms and corrections made to my basement (previous owner was not up to code on his "improvements").
Old 01-15-03, 04:51 PM
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: United States
Posts: 17,733
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
You tell the power company what you want. They tell you what they need to do. Then you do your part. But start by calling the power company and tell them how many amps you need. Only they can decide if you need new wire from the pole.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: