rewiring an old chancelier

Old 02-23-03, 02:20 PM
smyleeface8
Visiting Guest
Question rewiring an old chancelier

My in-laws gave me an old chandelier that has old cloth insulated wire. It needs to be re-wired and I wanted to try doing it myself.
I've been having a heck of a time trying to find out any info on this subject. Does anyone have instructions on how to do this? Is it even something that I might be able to do? I have a little electrical wiring experience (plug & switching and installing light fixtures). Or is something like this best left to the experts? Please help. Thanks.
-Lisa

Old 02-24-03, 08:00 AM
RickJ6956
Visiting Guest
Do a search on this site for the subject. Several threads have addressed this in the past week or two. Or look at the next most recent pages of this forum.

Old 02-24-03, 01:38 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Pull your new wiring in when you pull the old wiring out. Splice the new wire to the old wire without a knot that will impede the pull. Take an old socket to your home improvement store or lamp shop and buy identical new ones. The "ribbed" side of lamp cord is the neutral (white) and should be connected to the "shell" of the lamp sockets. Be consistent on that. Hook the ribbed wire to the white wire in the ceiling box and the smooth wire to the black wire.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: