Convert 220 stove outlet to 110

Old 03-15-03, 07:58 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 45
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Convert 220 stove outlet to 110

I have replaced my electric stove with a gas model. Over the new range will be a microwave/vent. I want to convert the old 220 line into a 110 outlet for the micro.
Old 03-15-03, 08:06 AM
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: United States
Posts: 17,733
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Here's the general outline:
  • Replace the double-pole 50-amp or 40-amp breaker in your panel with a single-pole 20-amp breaker. Fill the empty hole in the panel with a spare breaker or a filler plate.
  • Replace the receptacle (if one) at the range with a standard 15-amp or 20-amp receptacle. You'll probably need to pigtail some #12 wire to the existing wire since the larger wires won't connect to the receptacle directly.
If the wriing is aluminum, make sure you use the right connectors. The exact details depend on exactly what kind of cable is currently feeding your stove.
Old 03-15-03, 09:06 AM
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Brethren, Mi
Posts: 1,564
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
A gas range doesnt use much pwoer, you really should get it from somewhere else and abandon that huge wire.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: