garage door opener

Old 03-22-03, 10:03 AM
doctorl
Visiting Guest
garage door opener

My newly installed garage door opener will not close the door properly. Replies to my previous post (disconnected the trolley from the door to see if it still stops: it did travel fully up and down without the door; adjust the force: that made no difference). When the button is pushed to close it starts and moves down about 6 inches and stops. The lights blink 5 times. The door will close completely as long as the button is held down continuously until the door is fully closed. I am looking for other suggestions

Old 03-22-03, 02:08 PM
lestrician
Visiting Guest
I'm not sure what type of remote you have, or if perhaps it can be programmed, that might be the problem, also, it could be a matter of an adjustable limit switch. If you have info on either of those, it could be helpful in trying to find the problem.

Old 03-22-03, 05:11 PM
J
Received 515 Upvotes on 420 Posts
The 5 blinking light is telling what is wrong. Do you have the manual for it? What is the make and model? Could the movement of the door be causing the sensors to go out of alignment? Does the door open easily manually.

Old 03-25-03, 12:28 PM
Baldguy
Visiting Guest
Light Blinking 5 Times

...is I believe indicative that the object sensors located at the bottom of both sides of the garage door opening are either not functioning, out of align, or otherwise not installed properly.

By holding down the button, you are bypassing the sensors and are able to close the door.

Check the sensors to make sure they are aligned is where I'd start. Mine have lights on them and one side will show green when they're aligned properly.

Old 03-26-03, 04:11 PM
zekester
Visiting Guest
Two things you can check.
#1 Is the sun shining directly into one of the sensors? Not much you can do about that.
#2 Increase the amount of down force gradually, until the door closes properly.

Old 03-26-03, 04:23 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
The flashing lights are definitely telling you that you have a sensor problem with the electric eyes. Check them and let us know what you find.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: