Cooker control unit

Old 03-31-03, 10:56 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Question Cooker control unit

Just about to change the old gas cooker for a new electric cooker, the wiring is in for the cooker unit and cooker connection unit both are rated at 45 amps.

The electric oven is a straight forward 6 mm cable from the oven to the cooker connection unit, now the problem is the gas hob has a small flex for the ignition of the gas, do i have put a spur in from the ring main to power the ignition or can i come of the cooker unit with a spur ?.

Worried about the cooker unit and spur rated at 45 amps and the flex will carry only about 3 amps ....... HELP as the wife needs to do some cooking ..........
Old 03-31-03, 03:31 PM
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: welland ontario
Posts: 8,079
Received 531 Upvotes on 435 Posts
You are in UK by the sounds of your question. I don't know if any brits hang around at this site.
Try this site. It has a UK section.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: