Moving into a new home and need six ceiling fans

Old 05-14-03, 06:58 PM
BSparks294
Visiting Guest
Moving into a new home and need six ceiling fans

I am moving into a new home and need six ceiling fans. I have always owned them in my other homes. I want white with brass trim in the 44" range. I have already had the correct boxes for fans installed. Wondering if Hunter fans are worth the money or if another brand is just as reliable. Thanks for the help.

Old 05-14-03, 07:17 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I believe you get what you pay for but I also have low expectations. From my personal experiance I can honestly say that I have installed the big names and been called back in a month to replace it and I have installed bargain basement fans that run forever. For the most part though the big-box stores are moving to their own signature line of fans. Does this mean Home Depot makes their own fans, No This means they have companies like Hunter produce fans for them to put their name on and sell at a lesser price. Do some checking and I thing you will be surprised at who actually makes these signature lines of fans. However It still is not a wise idea to buy the absolute cheapest fan you can find . It Has always been a practice of mine to buy middle of the road no sence in paying for big names and again I believe you get what you pay for.Buy what you are comfortable with.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: