Help with vaulted ceiling

Old 05-28-03, 02:48 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Help with vaulted ceiling


While purchasing a flush mount light fixture, special order non returnable and cost me king's ransom, I forgot the ramifications of having a vaulted ceiling (25 degrees). Making a long story short, I can mount it flush but the symetry of the fixture will be ruined. Does anyone know of an adaptor that would enable me to mount this flush mount fixture parallel to the ground.

Any tips on what it is called, where it can be purchased etc. will be greatly appreciated.


Old 05-28-03, 03:41 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

Some fixture manufacturers make sloped ceiling adaptors for their recess cans. Contact the store where you purchased it or the fixture manufacturer to see if one is available for the one that you purchased.
Old 05-28-03, 04:28 PM
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: United States
Posts: 17,733
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Eyeball trim is usually the ticket here.
Old 05-29-03, 07:45 AM
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 475
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Sounds like moechris may be talking about a surface mount fixture, not a recessed fixture.

Casablanca makes a sloped ceiling adaptors for their ceiling fans, maybe one can be used with regular surface mount fixtures. I'd check with the lighting stores and/or electrical supply houses for ideas.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: