What I found out here

Old 06-07-03, 08:08 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
What I found out here

Number one thing. Most people do not understand how correct electrical grounding of equipment works. Sometimes in conversations I had for 20 yrs with friends in the business and while perorming various electric work here and there I didnt fully understand it and wish it would have been explained in greater detail. I have friends that are engineers as well as electricians and not one of them ever told me I didnt get it. I guess most of my education focused on the functionallity of the equipment than directly on grounding and how grounding is part of the system. Now another point. Keis at the other forum was kind enough to let a rookie sit in untill he copied the answers from the code that I needed for it to make some sense that I was led here (there is sone strong egos that are in that forum and they should kindly tell amateurs to find this site instead of telling them to piss off. When i got here Warren Goodrich was patient enuf to help a bit as is John N that I feel I have been enlightened a bit and often find I aint the only guy that didnt get it,,, a couple of guys that I could tell from posts that make a livin doing sparky stuff dont get either. So,,,, You pros help us part timers and make sure the guy you are working with really gets the bonding grounding and where in the system that a neutral wire becomes a grounded conductor and what the difference is. Another thing was to understand that the words in the instructions to a piece of equipment said "electrically grounded circuit",,, big difference between being grounded. The 3rd thing. The words "dedicated circuit" and how it applys to load calc.,,, Ok, enough of me tonight,, thanks guys.

Last edited by sberry27; 06-07-03 at 08:28 PM.
Old 06-07-03, 08:44 PM
texsparky
Visiting Guest
Article 250 on grounding is one of the most misunderstood chapters of the NEC.

Old 06-07-03, 09:40 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
There was a guy on a nameless forum that looked a lot like this one, has 8 years in the trade and currently study for his masters, from Michigan I think, that either had to look up the details to service entrance and a detatched garage grounding bonding and even then wasnt much sure why it was done the way it is. The concept of Neutral hadnt sunk in yet. You would think at 8 yrs,, but it just must have never been said in a way he could understand it and he could convieably be a fair wireman in most other aspects. I have seen guys as dumb as a fencepost make a pretty good living bending pipe in this biz, they dont know a black from a white.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: