Pool filter

Old 06-13-03, 05:37 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Pool filter

I'm building a deck around my pool, which will be over the filter. I need to switch the filter off to operate the valve, which I've done by unplugging the filter, which is at ground level. I'd like to place a switch at deck level. Are there waterproof switches for this? The circuit already has a GFCI outlet in it. Can I put a second one in line near the pump, and just trip and then reset the GFCI, using it as a switch?
Thanks for your help
Old 06-13-03, 05:46 PM
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: United States
Posts: 17,733
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Yes, there are waterproof switches. Ask for them at any home improvement center. Don't use a GFCI receptacle as a switch. It isn't designed for that, and it probably wouldn't last long if used for that purpose.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: