Black 20awg 2 conductor cable?

Old 06-21-03, 06:51 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Black 20awg 2 conductor cable?

I've been looking everywhere, but can't find this type of cable. It's the same stuff that just about every electrical device uses to connect to an AC adapter. All I can find is clear speaker wire, which would work fine, but I need it to be black. I'm using red and black 18awg which I got at Radioshack, but the wire is too big to fit into the DC power plugs. I have to drill them out a bit for it to fit. I saw a few listings in the store for lamp cord which looks promising, but I don't know what "18/2" and "16/2" mean. Any help? Thanks.
Old 06-21-03, 08:54 PM
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: United States
Posts: 17,733
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
The "18" and "16" in "18/2 and 16/2 are wire gauges. So 18/2 is two wires of 18 awg.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: