More fluorescent questions

Old 06-25-03, 09:47 AM
Harry I
Visiting Guest
More fluorescent questions

In a commercial building there are two rows of fluorescent lights, four fixtures on one switch and four on another switch. All lights are on the same circuit at the panel. One fixture has only one bulb lighting up but when I change the bulbs around both work. Also, some fixtures have one bulb that will work sometimes and other times they don't. One fixture will work for a while and then go out completely,although the bulbs will work in another light. If I put new bulbs in this fixture it will work for a few hours and then go out again. Thanks for any help before I pull the rest of my hair out.

Old 06-25-03, 10:46 AM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Harry first check the connections at both ends of the fixture make sure they are tight and secure. If they are take a look at the ballast and see if it is overheating or leaking. Be carefull if this is a commercial building you may be dealing with 347 volts and that is not something to take chances with.

PS your previous post was on flourecents in a garage they wouldn't happen to be the same project would they? If the garage you spoke of earlier ran on 347 for the lighting and the fixture was for 120 that might be an explanation as to why it wouldn't work.

Old 06-25-03, 01:58 PM
Harry I
Visiting Guest
No gard, they are two different projects. That's why this is so frustrating for me. Both places run on 120 volts so 347 is not the problem. These lights have worked ok for a few years now and only recently started acting up. And all at the same time.

Old 06-25-03, 03:00 PM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
In that case I would seriously look into the end connectors being loose before proceeding.

Old 06-25-03, 06:24 PM
Harry I
Visiting Guest
Thanks. I'll try that and let you know the outcome

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: