Electric Range wiring outlet

Old 07-07-03, 04:19 PM
jomamameister
Visiting Guest
Electric Range wiring outlet

I have new construction going on and want to wire my range outlet. It ia a 4 wire 220v setup--ground, white, green, black.

|_| grd--for sure

/ \

|

Any special order on the other bottom wires? All help appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
jomamameister

Old 07-07-03, 05:03 PM
texsparky
Visiting Guest
On the 4 wire receptale, the hot wires will connect to the 2 middle terminals, the ground to the green screw, and the white (neutral) opposite of the ground,

Old 07-07-03, 05:06 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
ground, white, green, black ???

In North America (if that is where you are), the green is ground. So please describe the wire that you are calling "ground", because it may not be.

The two slanted slots are for the two hot wires (usually black and red, or black and black), in either order. They should be labeled "X" and "Y". The middle slot is for the neutral (white), labeled "W".

Old 07-07-03, 06:08 PM
jomamameister
Visiting Guest
Thanks for everyone's help--yes. I am in N.A. and the ground wire is actually a bare copper wire, so Ii will put the white neutral, opposite, and then the two hotwires in between those as pointed out to me earlier.
jomamameister

Old 07-07-03, 06:22 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
So which two wires are you counting as "the two hot wires"? I hope not the green wire! Perhaps that green wire is really blue???

Old 07-08-03, 10:35 AM
jomamameister
Visiting Guest
Actually, I went back and looked at my wires again and they are copper ground, white, red and black.
Thanks,
jomamameister

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: