Lost power to two outlets

Old 08-07-03, 03:23 PM
dgorhan
Visiting Guest
Lost power to two outlets

Hi, I am new here and a new homeowner. I have some basic construction, plumbing, and electrical skills but I can't figure this one out. You all seem very helpful and knowledgable so I figured maybe someone here can help me out.

I have all "new" electrical run through the house by the previous owner and so far so good, up until last night. Two of the outlets in the kitchen all of a sudden stopped working, circuit breakers didn't trip, all connections seem to be intact. We have had some pretty serious lightning storms up here this week but I don't think any of them were close enough to do anything. None of the other electronics were affected.

So anyway I am stumped and looking for help. I will do my best to answer your questions so you can answer mine.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-03, 04:47 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
It's a tripped GFCI. Do you know what I mean by that?

Old 08-07-03, 07:44 PM
dgorhan
Visiting Guest
Sorry I should have mentioned that these two outlets do not have GFCIs in the original post, nor do the circuit breakers.

Any other ideas?

thanks!

Old 08-07-03, 07:51 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
the two outlets should still be fed from a GFCI outlet somewhere in the house. Many times they are in a bathroom, garage, outside, basement, etc. This is a cost cutting measure to save the $10 it would have taken to actually put a GFCI at the point of use. Good luck and look hard for the receptacle!

Old 08-08-03, 06:38 PM
dgorhan
Visiting Guest
That was it! There was an outlet behind a door in the bathroom with a tripped GFCI. Pushed the button and presto!!

I knew I came to the right place, thanks a lot guys.