SE cable routing

Old 08-20-03, 01:52 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Barre,Vermont
Posts: 465
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
SE cable routing

The service comes in off the street to the front of the house.
Due to the front porch being in the way, I want to put the meter socket on the side of the house(it's a hip roof). So after the weatherhead, I want to route the cable down the eave a couple of feet, and then , under the eave, have it go around the corner of the house, and down the side to the meter socket. Do you think a building inspector will have a problem with the SE cable going around a corner of the house. It will be under the eave where I intend on doing this. It's also where the existing SE cable now runs, but was put there who knows how long ago.Thanks, Steve
Old 08-21-03, 08:13 AM
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: port chester n y
Posts: 1,983
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
From your description, consider using PVC conduit or Electrical Metallic Tubing. You'll need a 90-degree "elbow" for the "verticle-to-horizontal" turn at the Weather-head, an "LB" fitting at the corner of the building, and a 2nd "elbow' for the H-to-V turn down to the meter socket.

You'll use #00 THHN copper conductors which are superior to aluminum conductors for connections, and much easier to connect (compared to #0000)--------------------Good Luck!!! and let's hope the inspector appreciates the work.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: