automatic wire strippers

Old 08-31-03, 03:25 AM
C
cthack1976
Visiting Guest
automatic wire strippers

I have a pair of "automatic" wire strippers from "ToolsExchange Inc." whomever that is. The package says that there is an adjusment nut to modify stripped wire diameter setting. Anyone know anything remotely close to what they are talking about? No website and the tool keeps gouging my conductor. Are these thing more trouble than they are worth or is there a trick to operating these things?

thanks

chad

Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-03, 08:53 PM
P
P Michael
Visiting Guest
I don't know anything about "automatic wire strippers" from whatever. If they are nicking your wires, they aren't doing you any good.
Get yourself a pair of wire strippers for about $10 from Ideal, Klein or Greenlee.
Also, are you using solid strippers on stranded wire? Stranded wire is a little bit larger diameter.
~Peter

Old 09-01-03, 06:29 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I dont usually throw tools away,, but,, I think it takes about 3 or 4 of those to get a good set. They are so complex that the slightest adjustment throws them off and mine are in the trash. Thought they may be good for underdash work on cars. For the cost I did get a couple of those ideals, the small ones. Kind of handy minus all the other features. If you want only one get a Klien. Cut copper wire only,, I have 3 or 4 of them where dummies cut wire feed wire with them.