breaker question

Old 09-24-03, 01:58 PM
swcurry1
Visiting Guest
breaker question

After a saw blew out the power on that circuit (I am sure I am not using correct terminology) the worker that was there tried to throw all the breakers, not knowing which circuit it was on. That did not fix problem, so after I arrived I thought maybe it was a bad breaker, we put the power thingy on the screws, and one of them showed no power, I than went and bought a new breaker, which we installed and it did not seem to work, I was walking to another room and noticed the light was then on. I yelled it's working, but the breaker was in the off position, all the other breakers were to the left when on, this one is on the right when it works.. There is no way to put this thing in backwards, so I called the place I bought it and they said they had never heard of that, I than called an electrician who said the same, he said maybe it was originally wired wrong when it was built (which is what the store also said.) That doesn't make sense to me, the wires can only go in one side and they are all on the same side, Anybody ever heard of this? The only thing that makes sense to me is that the breaker is defective, the wires being mixed up inside. Any insight would greatly be appreciated, I am worried about it being a fire hazard, the electrician I spoke to didn't seem to think it was, but electricity makes me very nervous.
Thanks

Old 09-24-03, 05:50 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
With all due respect it is probably time to call a liscensed electrician to look at your problem. It sounds as though you have done all that you are safely capable of doing.I hope everything works out for you in the end.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: